Francesca Pozzi is researcher at the Istituto Tecnologie Didattiche (ITD) - CNR and has got a Ph.D. in “Cultures, Languages and ICT” (University of Genoa).
Her main research area is Educational Technology. Specific interests include:
a. Learning design
b. Collaborative learning; Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL)
c. Teacher training and innovation in schools
d. ICT in cultural heritage education
e. Technology Enhanced Learning for healthcare professionals’ training.
Pozzi has been member of the Editorial Board of the Italian Journal of Educational Technology (IJET) (former Tecnologie Didattiche ) and today is its Co-Editor. Besides, she is member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education . She is also involved in the Reviewers' Committee of many international and national journals, as well as member of the Scientific Committee of several conferences.
Responsability of European projects:
- ENhANCE (ERASMUS+ - Sector Skills Alliances) - European curriculum for family and community nurse
- CODUR (ERASMUS+) - Creating an Online Dimension for University Rankings
- METIS (LLP).- Meeting teachers co-design needs by means of Integrated Learning Environments
- i-treasures (FP7)
- Ge8 ,
- TD-SSIS ,
- STEEL ,
- Gaming Horizons
Selection of publications:
- Dagnino, F., Dimitriadis, Y., Pozzi, F., Rubia-Avi, B. & Asensio-Pérez, J. I. (2020). The role of supporting technologiesin a mixed methods research design. Comunicar Media Education Research Journal. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3916/C65-2020-05
- Pozzi, F., Asensio-Perez, J. I., Ceregini, A., Dagnino, F. M., Dimitriadis, Y., Earp, J. (2020). Supporting and representing Learning Design with digital tools: in between guidance and flexibility. Technology Pedagogy & Education (TPE). DOI: 10.1080/1475939X.2020.1714708
- Passarelli, M., Jeffrey, E., Dagnino, F. M., Manganello, F., Persico, D., Pozzi, F., Buijtenweg, T., Haggis, M, Bailey, C., & Perrotta, C. (2020). The distant Horizon: Investigating the relationship between social sciences academic research and game development. Entertainment Computing, 34.
- Persico, D., Passarelli, M., Pozzi, F., Earp, J., Dagnino, F., and Manganello, F. (2019). Meeting players where they are: Digital games and learning ecologies. British Journal of Educational Technology (BJET), 50(4), 1687-1712.
- Pozzi, F., Manganello., F., Passarelli, M., Persico, D., Brasher, A., Holmes, W., Whitelock, D., and Sangrà, A. (2019). Ranking Meets Distance Education: Defining Relevant Criteria and Indicators for Online Universities. International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning (IRRODL), 20(5). Paper Awarded as NIDL 2019 Top 10 Open Access Journal Articles (https://nidl.blog/2020/01/06/good-reads-from-2019-our-nidl-top-10-open-access-journal-articles/).
- Dagnino, F. M., Dimitriadis, Y., Pozzi, F., Asensio Perez, J. I. & Rubia Avi, B., (2018). Exploring teachers' needs and the existing barriers to the adoption of Learning Design methods and tools: a literature survey. British Journal of Educational Technology (BJET), 49(6), 998-1013
- Persico, D., Pozzi, F., & Goodyear, P. (2018). Teachers as Designers of TEL - Editorial. British Journal of Educational Technology (BJET), 49(6), 975-980 DOI:10.1111/bjet.12706
- Dimitropoulos, K., Manitsaris, S., Tsalakanidou, F., Denby, B., Crevier-Buchman, L., Dupont, S., Nikolopoulos, S., Kompatsiaris, Y., Charisis, V., Hadjileontiadis, L., Pozzi, F., Cotescu, M., Çiftçi, S., Katos, A., Manitsaris, A., & Grammalidis, N. (2018). A Multimodal Approach for the Safeguarding and Transmission of Intangible Cultural Heritage: The Case of i-Treasures. IEEE Intelligent Systems. Online First DOI: 10.1109/MIS.2018.111144858
- Hernández-Leo D., Asensio-Pérez J.I., Derntl M., Pozzi F., Chacón J., Prieto L.P. & Persico D. (2018). An Integrated Environment for Learning Design. Frontiers in ICT, 5(9). DOI: 10.3389/fict.2018.00009
- Pozzi F., Persico D., Sarti L. (2018). Evaluating Innovation Injection into Educational Contexts, Journal of e-Learning and Knowledge Society, 14(1), 83-95. DOI: 10.20368/1971-8829/1302
- Asensio-Pérez, J. I., Dimitriadis, Y., Pozzi, F., Hernández-Leo, D., Prieto, L. P., Persico, D., Villagrá-Sobrino, S. L. (2017). Towards Teaching as Design: exploring the interplay between full-lifecycle Learning Design tooling and Teacher Professional Development, Computers & Education, 14, 92-116.
- Pozzi F., Ceregini A., Ferlino L., Persico D. (2016), Dyads Versus Groups: Using Different Social Structures in Peer Review to Enhance Online Collaborative Learning Processes, The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning, 17(2), 85-107.
- Pozzi F., Ceregini A., Dagnino, F., Ott, M., Tavella, M. (2016), Closing the "learning design lifecycle" with the Pedagogical Planner. EURODL.
- Cozzani G., Pozzi F., Dagnino F. M., Katos A. V., Katsouli E. F. (2016), Innovative technologies for intangible cultural heritage education and preservation: the case of i-Treasures, Personal and Ubiquitous Computing. Online First, doi: 10.1007/s00779-016-0991-z
- Pozzi F., Persico D., Collazos C., Dagnino F. M., Jurado Munoz J. L. (2016), Gamifying teacher professional development: an experience with collaborative learning design, Interaction Design and Architecture(s) Journal (IxD&A), 29, 76-92.
- Dagnino F. M., Ott, M., Pozzi, F. (2015), Addressing Key Challenges in Intangible Cultural Heritage Education, International Journal of Heritage in the Digital Era, 4(2), 193-207.
- Pozzi F., Alivizatou M., Dagnino F. M. and Ott M. (2015), Going beyond preservation: how to support technology-enhanced learning in ICH education, International Journal of Heritage in the Digital Era, 4(1), 21-40.
- Persico, D., & Pozzi, F. (2015). Informing learning design with learning analytics to improve teacher inquiry. British Journal of Educational Technology (BJET), 46(2), 230–248.
- Dagnino, F., Ott, M., & Pozzi, F. (2015). Addressing Key Challenges in Intangible Cultural Heritage Education. International Journal of Heritage in the Digital Era, 4(2), 193-207.
- Pozzi, F., Alivizatou, M., Dagnino, F. M. & Ott, M. (2015). Going beyond preservation: how to support technology-enhanced learning in ICH education. International Journal of Heritage in the Digital Era, 4(1), 21-40.
- Dagnino, F., Ott, M., & Pozzi, F. (2014). Intangible Cultural Heritage: towards collaborative planning of educational interventions. Computers in Human Behavior, 51, 1314-1319.
- Dagnino, F.M., Ott, M., Hadjileontiadi, L., & Pozzi, F. (2014). An Integrated Platform Supporting Intangible Cultural Heritage Learning and Transmission: Definition of Requirements and Evaluation Criteria. CIT- Journal of Computing and Information Technology, 22 (4), 277 – 292.
- Collazos, C. A., Padilla-Zea,, N., Pozzi, F., Guerrero, L., A. & Gutierrez, F. L. (2014). Design guidelines to foster cooperation in digital environments. Technology, Pedagogy and Education, 23(3), 375-396.
- Pozzi, F., Bottino, R. M., Persico, D. (2014). Enhancing Human Capital in TEL Research: a case study from the STELLAR Network of Excellence, Computers in Human Behavior, 31, 425-431.
- Persico, D., Manca, S., & Pozzi, F. (2014). Adapting the Technology Acceptance Model to evaluate the innovative potential of e-learning systems. Computers in Human Behavior, 30, 614-622.
- Pozzi, F., & Persico, D. (2013). Sustaining learning design and pedagogical planning in CSCL. Research in Learning Technology - Supplement 2013, 21: 20224
- Persico, D., Pozzi, F., Anastopoulou, S., Conole, G., Craft, B., Dimitriadis, Y., Hernández-Leo, D., Kali, Y., Mor, Y., Pérez-Sanagustín, M., Walmsley, H. (2013). Learning design Rashomon I - supporting the design of one lesson through different approaches. Research in Learning Technology - Supplement 2013, 21: 20224
- Pozzi F., Delfino M., Manca S., Persico D., Scancarello I. (2013), Boosting innovation in an Italian online university. International Journal of Online Pedagogy and Course Design (IJOPCD), 3 (4), 29-43.
- Earp J., Ott M., Pozzi F. (2013). Facilitating Educators' Knowledge Transfer with Information Systems for Sharing Practices. Computers in Human Behaviour, 29, 445–455.
- Pozzi F., Hofmann L., Persico D., Stegmann K., Fischer F. (2011). Structuring CSCL through collaborative techniques and scripts, International Journal of Online Pedagogy and Course Design, 1(4), 39-49.
- Pozzi F. (2011). The impact of scripted roles on online collaborative learning processes. International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning, 6(3), 471-484.
- Pozzi, F. & Persico, D. (Eds.) (2011). Techniques for fostering collaboration in online learning communities: theoretical and practical perspectives , IGI Global.
- Pozzi F. (2010), Using Jigsaw and Case study for supporting collaboration online , Computers & Education, 55, 67-75.
- Persico D., & Pozzi F. (2010). The three T’s of the structure of online collaborative activities . Procedia Social and Behavioural Sciences Journal, 2, 2610-2615.
- Pozzi F. (2009). Supporting Group and Individual Processes in Web-Based Collaborative Learning. In Mourlas et al., (Eds.), Cognitive and emotional processes in web-based education: integrating human factors and personalization, IGI Global.
- Persico, D., Pozzi, F. & Sarti, L. (2009). A model for monitoring and evaluating CSCL. In (Eds.) Juan, A.A., Daradoumis, T., Xhafa, F., Caballe, S., Faulin, J., Monitoring and Assessment in Online Collaborative Environments, 149-170, IGI Global.
- Pozzi F. (2009). Using collaborative techniques in virtual learning communities . LNCS -Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 5794, 670–675.
- Persico, D., Pozzi, F. & Sarti, L. (2009). Design Patterns for monitoring and evaluating CSCL processes , Computers in Human Behaviour, 25(5), 1020-1027.
- Pozzi, F., Manca, S., Persico, D., & Sarti, L. (2007), A general framework for tracking and analysing learning processes in CSCL environments . Innovations in Education & Teaching International (IETI)