The LINNEO project (funded under the Erasmus + programme)aims to extend educational opportunities in the field of Natural Sciences (NS) through the creation of an online platform dedicated to primary school teachers and students that will be a collector of engaging and high-quality digital resources, didactic units and teaching activities based on these digital resources. In this way, the project also aims to improve teachers' skills in integrating technology into their practice. The platform will include an area specifically dedicated to students, where they will access resources guided by an engaging narrative and stimulated by game elements.
The project has the following objectives:
- To increase the availability of high quality and engaging digital educational resources in the field of natural sciences, targeted at primary school students.
- To reduce the skills gap of teachers in integrating digital technologies into their teaching practice from a technological and methodological perspective.
- To increase access to educational activities organised by edutainment institutions in the field of natural sciences to overcome restrictions related to social emergencies or specific disadvantages.
- To increase opportunities for cooperation between natural science edutainment institutions, educational institutions and digital companies.
- A platform for primary education on natural sciences for teachers and students, with a gamified area dedicated to the latter
- Innovative and engaging digital resources.
- Didactic units and reusable activities for the implementation of blended or distance learning lessons integrating the innovative digital resources resulting from the project.
- An online course for primary school teachers focusing on the effective use of LINNEO results.